The tax deductible donation that you are making here enables us to continue serving the South Los Angeles community with REAL SOLUTIONS and REAL HEART.
YOUTH COVID-19 RELIEF FUNDRAISER
You can help Hundreds of South Los Angeles Youth! COVID-19 has devastated our communities. Youth in South Los Angeles’ South-Central and Vernon-Central Neighborhoods are being hit the hardest. School closures and social isolation have affected all students, but particularly those living in poverty.
- 63% of Adults 25 and over in our service area do not have a high school diploma. Only 1% of adults in South Central have a bachelor’s degree.
- COVID-19 is widening the academic achievement gap leaving many students behind.
- COVID-19 has already attributed to a 34% learning loss in Reading and a 56% learning Loss in Math for our youth.
- 33% of our families do not have access to internet for youth to attend virtual school and complete their homework assignments
- 77% of individuals in our service area have lost at least half of their income due to COVID-19.
- Food insecurity in our community has increased from 57% to 76% during COVID-19.
All Peoples Youth Participant and
recipient of the Geraldine Morgan Scholarship Fund.
Your donation to All Peoples will help provide relief to Hundreds of South Los Angeles Youth:
- Virtual Tutoring! Over 100 youth have access to free virtual tutoring by trained volunteers and staff twice a week.
- Wellness Checks! Virtual Mindfulness Classes are available to over 100 youth during this unprecedented time. Virtual and on-site Arts Lessons provide an opportunity for the youth to express themselves through art and creativity. Youth are mailed an individual art kit containing paint, brushes, and canvases.
- Hunger Relief! All Peoples Supplemental Food Program is providing hunger relief to 160-170 families weekly with community members desperately seeking food and basic living essentials.
- College Assistance! Our College Advisors work closely with all youth, elementary to high school, to make sure that everyone knows that “College is Possible”regardless of their socio-economic status. College Advisors conduct one-on-one sessions with youth to assist with college admissions and financial aid opportunities that align with the youth’s goals and aspirations. All Peoples also distributes youth scholarships through our Geraldine Morgan Scholarship Fund!
- Work Experience! All Peoples, in partnership with the City of Los Angeles, employs over 60 youth annually through our paid work experience program. This means that $111,600 of income into our communities.
Mayor Eric Garcetti – City of Los Angeles
Catherine Dávila – Head of Community, Angel City Football Club
YOUR SUSTAINING DONATION
Your sustaining donation repeats every month and allows you to be part of our work in our community on a continuing basis. Your generous partnership with us is very much appreciated.
YOUR ONE-TIME DONATION
Your one-time donation allows us to purchase equipment and services that help us do our work in our community. Your generous gift is very much appreciated.
All Peoples is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit, non-sectarian, multi-service agency; tax identification number 95-2669400. All proceeds benefit All Peoples Community Center and will be designated to general operating support. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Sources: US Census 2018; Edutopia, Youki Terada,
Covid-19’s Impact on Students’ Academic and Mental Well-Being
Best Start Metro LA Region 1 Report; California EDD