All Peoples Community Center’s Staff Retreat Week was held the first week of January. During the time, our Directors and Staff had an opportunity for Team bonding, review of each of our department’s 2017 Goals and to refocus on our Mission for our South Los Angeles Neighborhood.
ALL PEOPLES’ CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
All Peoples’ work is guided by the following deeply-held values:
- Acceptance: We unconditionally welcome and accept all people at our center regardless of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, faith, ethnicity, disability, or gender.
- Empowerment: We seek to help the community to meet its own needs and overcome its own challenges. We seek to empower our participants of all ages to take a leadership role through our programs and in their community.
- Equality: We treat all people equally. Equality and equal opportunities are promoted in all programs. We ask All Peoples’ participants to demand equal opportunities and equality in all aspects of their lives and in all settings.
- Unity: Through all our actions and programs, we seek to unify and strengthen the community, bring people from different backgrounds, races, religions, orientations, and ethnicities closer together, and bring about understanding and acceptance of differences.
- Respect: We seek to teach self-respect and respect for others, and staff and volunteers show respect for the community and community members who they work alongside.
- Self-determination: Through all our actions and our programs, we teach self-determination, create opportunities for leadership development, and inspire individuals to expect the best in themselves and in others.
- Community-Centered Mission: We develop and seek out new services and programs by listening closely to and helping meet the realized and unrealized needs of the community.
- Effectiveness: We regularly evaluate our programs and services to ensure that they are consistent with our values and our mission, including that they are meeting the community’s needs and helping community members to fulfill their goals.
- Leadership: We seek to help shape and realize a collective vision for all people to lead healthy, whole, connected and fulfilled lives. All Peoples’ legacy as a proactive and forward-looking force in the community continues to propel us.
- Collaboration: We work and support one another and our partners to accomplish our common goals. We realize that even though there may be disagreement, we cooperate, compromise, and listen to each other and our partners to gain new perspectives, make good decisions, and learn together.